CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Smoked em on the Water




Well I have decided that 2 weeks on vacation is too long. You spend the first week trying to relax and the second worrying about what has gone wrong in your absence. Anyway, I don't know why I have this blog since the only ones that read it are my children.


Being able to spend time with my brother has been great and the fishing for the most part has been the best. As of today we have 166 crappie in the freezer (332 fillets) and 3 kitties (catfish).


We decided that last Friday was the best catch of crappie that we had ever experienced. 10 fish over 2 pounds and only 2 under a pound. That is what we call barn door crappie.


I have had the opportunity to say "bounce" many times because that is what Dad used to say when something went wrong. I told Reed Franklin that and he cracked up. I told him that I can only remember once that my Dad used a cuss word and Reed said that he never heard him cuss.


He used "bounce" instead. Get hung up on a tree "bounce"...the boat motor wouldn't start, "bounce"...you get the picture. Speaking of pictures, here are a few. Read em and weep!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

still jealous....

Christie said...

I read them too! Two weeks vacation sounds like fun!

Paige said...

Holy crap that is a lot of fish! I can't wait for that fish fry!

Denise said...

It was great to see you at church and get your blog address. It will be fun keeping up with you and your family. I enjoyed reading about your dad. I sure miss him. I have some great memories of him when I was so young. I have enjoyed your mother being in our ward at church and getting to see her each week. I talked to my dad a couple of days ago and he was also telling me about the great fishing lately. I sure enjoy eating his fish. No one fries them up the way he does. Next time you talk to Travis, tell him Kenneth and I said hello.