CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Missed the Memo

Haven't been to church at home in 3 weeks and you usually miss something like a new bishopric or some new quirky thing in the ward that you were unaware of. So there we are sitting and this new convert gets up to say the opening prayer and before I even had my eyes closed for the prayer it was over. He said help us get through the day. I didn't realize it was so tough to be there.
Looked at my wife and shrugged my shoulders. Then the person gets up to say the closing prayer and it too is short...like 10 seconds. I picked up the program to see if had been declared "short prayer day".
Sunday school the same thing...Sue said that she needed to remember that, in case she was asked in RS.
Well, as fate would have it...this brother who is a former Episcopal rector was asked to say the closing prayer who is known for his unique prayers and I said to myself...ah this will break the trend and save the day. NO!!!
"We thank the for revelation and give us more...In the name..." That was it. So we kept the tradition the rest of the day by just using prayer numbers...like prayer for food #44. Family prayer #37...Amen.

0 comments: